Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 2



            Hello people I am back. I just got done with the parent teacher conference with Henry’s parents. I ran the whole first day over and told them about what happened and if they knew what was wrong with him. They told me that he suffers Social Anxiety. Then I asked them about Social Anxiety and they told me that it is when they are super shy and don’t want to talk in front of people or hang out with people that they don’t know or even meet new people because they are scared they are going to say something stupid and embarrass themselves because they are not use to meeting new people. Then it all made sense. That he didn’t want to talk in front of all of these people because he felt like he was going to be judged by us. Then I started to feel bad because I have never had a kid that has been classified as having this mental disorder. Then I asked his parents how to interact with him because I am going to have to because I am a teacher. I just don’t know what to do because this is going to be the hardest experience as a teacher and he will be the hardest kid to teach not because of his behavior or anything like that it is because he is going to be hard to communicate with. This will be tough but I will be able to do it because of the help from his parents and me learning how to work with Henry.

Mr. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment